Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Disneyland!!





We visited Disneyland for the first time! If I could describe our experience in two words, it would be 1. crowded and 2. HOT!! We took two days driving there. The pictures are of everyone excited, just before we hit the road. We spent the first night at Annie & Gary's in Sacramento, then drove the remainder on Sunday. Disneyland was closed to the public Sunday evening, due to Miley Cyrus' birthday party! (Oh how my girls would have loved to have been in the park!) We arrived bright and early Monday morning with high expectations, and left a little low. Lines for the big rides were 45 minutes to an hour, and there were fast passes only available on 3 rides. I think getting autographs from the characters was everyone's favorite part, though we did catch most of the parade, which was fun. Because we spent $40 just on breakfast, we decided to go to the store when we got back to the hotel. We left the kids with a phone and the door locked, and we checked up on them multiple times. When Shane and I got back to the hotel, we knocked on the door, we called the cell phone....and nothing. This went on for an hour! Our kids were so worn out, that they crashed hard, and didn't hear a thing. The hotel security didn't have a key to override the lock from inside. We tried EVERYTHING!! After waking up the guy next door, he pounded on the door as hard as he could (he was a little upset with us) saying, "well, I'll wake them up!! Nothing. They put us up in a room across the hall, until Carly called at 12:40 am, saying "where are you guys?" Needless to say, our first day at Disneyland was far from perfect.

9 comments:

Sleepless In St. George said...

Kim-just found you through Kimi's blog! So fun to see how big your girls have gotten. It was so fun when the girls had play dates when they were just turning two! Fun to see you.

Shelley Schwendiman

kristenhcubed said...

That's hilarious! You hadn't told me that story yet. What great memories. Really, how many people can claim that their kids locked them out of their hotel room for hours?

Joseph & Shaylee said...

hee hee I love the story and all the pictures, you are the cutest family ever, well until Joe and I have kids. lol. I can't wait until I can see you all again!! Thanks for updating I have been checking your blog often.

Jodi said...

Okay, how do you already know so much about blogging? How do you get your family picture in the header? Enlighten me, please! And I like your "funnies" on the side...where did you get that brilliant idea? ;)

Jodi said...

I forgot to ask...did they charge you for the other room?

The Halls said...

nope they didn't

Kim said...

FINALLY!! You're a blogger. Its about time!

IT was great to read about your trip!!
You guys got some great pictures. Makes me want to take our kids, except for that one experience. I'd like to go next year.

Swanger Family said...

When we took our kids they were older and could take off on their own with walkie talkies, and meeting up for certain rides. Our kids favorite was sea world over the other parks. Leah

Kelly said...

Too funny! I bet you were so scared though...What a story to have about your adventure!