Monday, February 9, 2009

Bummed out!

Just thought I would fill those in who haven't heard....I broke my tailbone a couple of weeks ago. Yes, I have a broken butt :) I couldn't find an appropriate picture to post either. I wish I had a really cool story as to how it happened--but, I don't. I was carrying a basket of laundry down the stairs. As I was going down, I had to step over Isaac, who was sitting on the stairs. I really don't remember what happened exactly, but I think he raised an arm, or moved, I lost my footing, the basket went flying, and I landed on the edge of the stairs and continued to slide down a couple more. I started yelling/crying. The kids came running. Shane was at work, so Carly came over to me with the phone and said, "who do you want me to call? Should I call 911 or should I call dad?" (I must've really scared her if she thought I needed an ambulance) I had her try to call Shane, who's cell phone was dead. In the meantime, I called my friend's husband, who's a doctor, and asked him what I should do, because I thought I may have broken my tailbone. He told me to take 4 Ibuprofen, ice it, and get an x-ray in the morning (this all happened about 8 pm). So I layed on the couch (I don't have a memory of getting there), Carly brought me ice, Brooke rubbed my back, and Paige offered me her quesadilla. Shane got home about 10:30--still no idea what had happened. He started telling me about his day, etc., until I said, "guess what happened to me?" I got an x-ray the next day, and sure enough, I have a fractured tailbone. As Leah put it, "it gives new meaning to the phrase butt crack". I have had numerous jokes made at my expense :) It has been nice, though. Carly and Brooke brought me breakfast in bed the next morning with toast, juice, flowers, and ibuprofen. lol. They have all had to step things up and pick up everything I need them to, so I may just have to milk this as long as possible. Every day is a little better, and I can't wait to play soccer and volleyball again. This really is a pain in the rear!

12 comments:

kristenhcubed said...

I'm sorry that you broke your bum but, really, someone's got to be the butt of all the jokes! Har, har. That's so cute that Paige offered you her quesedilla. You have great kids. Glad you're on the mend.

Patti Epperson said...

I can't even imagine how long it is going to take for you to start feeling better. Boy you're a light weight if 4 advils knock you out!

Kim said...

Ouch!! I'm so sorry. I've hurt my tail bone twice and its no fun. Good to hear that your kids are taking care of you.
Hope you get better soon.

Joseph & Shaylee said...

heehee, funny that you were the "butt" of jokes. I hate it when I fall and no one is there to laugh with me, it hurts more when you can't laugh. Sounds like you got lots of love from your cute kiddos. I hope that you heal quickly and that you get spoiled while you are on the mend! :)

Shaylee

P.S.
My handwriting is backslanted like yours!

Kelly said...

How long does it take to heal? Good luck, glad you have little helpers!

Susanne said...

You poor thing! I have a friend that has broken her tailbone every time she has a baby. She said it hurts for months! I hope you feel better soon and that your kids keep taking good care of you. :-)

Jodi said...

Your post was hilarious! Thanks for the morning laugh. ;) Sorry you've had a bummer week or so... And we've always said your a pain in the rear...lol You've had a great sense of humor about it all - that's great! Did you get our card? Hope you're feeling BUTTer.

Jodi said...

btw, love your new background! call me

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about your injury...I have bruised mine before and that was such a pain for months...so you must be in a lot of pain! Hope you heal quickly! Take care!

The Hammond Holler! said...

OK I guess im a little late on leaving a comment. Im glad you updated your blog....after all it is almost March and that snowed in post was just really out dated!! So anyway can't wait to have you back on the team!

KariAnne and Benny said...

Oh my, you poor thing! That is awful. I hope you are feeling better now!

Pistolmom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.